Handmade cards & scrapbooking...

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Hello Little Butterfly

Hello, I have been loving making the exploding boxes so here is another exploding Box with a Mini Easel Card on top. This time I have made a box for my Mum for Mother's Day. I have used Hello Little Butterfly from magnolia. I just adore Tilda.


I have used the new paper range from Kaisercraft 'Magnolia Grove'. This paper is just stunning.
I have used Pink & White flowers from Kaisercraft flower range. I used the cuttlebug to cut some leaves to add to the flowers.


I have used some cream lace all the way around the lid.
I have added a pink bow & a butterfly charm (from Inky Impressions) to the left corner.


On each of the butterflies I have added a pink half pearl from Inky Impressions.
I have also place a Happy Mother's Day sentiment on top.


To make the most of all the room in this box I have put a card under the lid for some writing.


Inside the box I have added a extra layer of cardstock to give it a bit more . So on top I have place tags on each flap.


I have added butterflies on plastic strips to give a floating look.


I have made little cards for each flap on the bottom. You could write something or add some photos.


Inside look of the little cards. I have added a bow & flower to the top of each little card.


I have place two small flowers on each tag.


All the flowers have been glittered using some stickles.
Also have put stickles on each of the butterflies.


Here is a photo of both inside & lid. I am very happy with the way this exploding box turned out & I hope my Mum like it (sure she will).



I will be entering my exploding box card into the following challenges:




All the best
Kerry


19 comments:

  1. wow stunning project love all those flowers and leaves thanks so much for joining us at just magnolia and MDUC this week
    hugs sara x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly! What a truly fabulous project. Those flowers and butterflies are incredible! Thanks for playing along with The Sisterhood of Crafters' May Flowers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Your project is just stunning! Beautiful papers and images! I love the little butterflies that are "flying" around
    ! Thanks for playing at Party Time Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh,this is just brilliant,the detail is just stunning,bless you for playing at Creatalicious,this month,hugs Cherylxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Kerry! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that's absolutely stunning the butterflies look amazing on the strips, bouncing around, what a fab idea. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW what a beautiful box! Great work!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Magnolia Down Under this week!

    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!! This is fantastic!! How long did it take to make? Its a work of art :)
    Thanks for playing at MDUC this week.
    Hugs Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card - super job. Thanks so much for sharing on Stamp-n-doodle

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful! thanks for joining us at tuesday alchemy! love seeing your work!

    cheers!
    loveshappyhour

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Oh, so beautiful! I can only imagine the time & energy it took to create this SPLENDID creation. I definitely appreciate it. Thank you for the inspiration, too :)

    I am SUPER excited that you shared this with us at Tuesday Alchemy - I hope to see you next time as I can't wait to see what you come up!

    Lots of joy,
    Corrinne

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! It's fabolous! Great job!!!
    Thanks for join us at Tuesday Alchemy!

    Cheers!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful design! Thanks so much for joining us at TTCRD. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOWZA!! What a gorgeous creation! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘MAY FLOWERS’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your exploding box! Its so pretty and so detailed! I really envy your patience =))

    Thank you for joining us at the Tuesday Alchemy
    Hugs
    Katya x

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely box
    thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun is that, so many things to look at with all your beautiful details, fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Mother's Day" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Incredibly lovely! Amazing job.
    Thank you for joining CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a gorgeous creation!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "I love you Mom" challenge & good luck in the draw…

    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges)

    ReplyDelete